From Beverly Hernandez, Your Guide to Homeschooling.
1 pound pure lard
1 cup sugar
6 cups flour
1/4 cup red wine
2 tsp anise seed (slightly crushed)
1 cup sugar mixed with 2-3 tsp cinnamon
1. Cream lard until fluffy.
2. Add sugar slowly gradually, beating well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
4. Add anise seed.
5. Mix in flour by hand, using enough wine to make dough soft.
6. Let stand about 10 minutes.
7. Use cookie press or roll out dough on lightly floured board and cut into squares.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on ungreased cookie sheets.
9. Remove from sheets while hot and dip top side in sugar/cinnamon mixture.