Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Josefina Saves The Day

Josefina Saves the Day
Chapter One: The Bird-Shaped Flute
How do you greet new adults?

Do you share secrets with your sisters, like Josefina?

Chapter Two: Heart’s Desire
Is there a day you’ll remember as long as you live?

Why was this day so special to Josefina?

What led Senor Montoya to trust Patrick?

'Home, sweet home"
'Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home; A charm from the sky seems to hallow us there, Which, seek through the world, is ne'er met with elsewhere. Home, home, sweet, sweet home! There's no place like home, oh, there's no place like home! An exile from home, splendor dazzles in vain; Oh, give me my lowly thatched cottage again! The birds singing gayly, that came at my call Give me them-and the peace of mind, dearer than all! Home, home, sweet, sweet home! There's no place like home, oh, there's no place like home! I gaze on the moon as I tread the drear wild, And feel that my mother now thinks of her child, As she looks on that moon from our own cottage door the woodbine, whose fragrance shall cheer me no more. Home, home, sweet, sweet home! There's no place like home, oh, there's no place like home! How sweet 'tis to sit 'neath a fond father's smile, And the caress of a mother to soothe and beguile! Let others delight 'mid new pleasure to roam, But give me, oh, give me, the pleasures of home, Home, home, sweet, sweet home! There's no place like home, oh, there's no place like home! To thee I'll return, overburdened with care; The heart's dearest solace will smile on me there; No more from that cottage again will I roam; Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. Home, home, sweet, sweet home There's no place like home, oh, there's no place like home!

Why do you think the author chose to include parts of this song?

Chapter Three: A Charm From the Sky
Can you read sheet music?

What stories does your family enjoy sharing?

Have you and your siblings ever worked together to get a gift for your parents?

Chapter Four: Shining Like Hope
Compare Papa’ reaction with everyone elses’.

Why did Papa’s reaction payoff in the end?

Looking Back
Read more about the Santa Fe Trail

No comments: